Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my managuenses paired up and layed eggs. not that i want to keep them for anything but maybe free feeders for my other fish. but do i need to do anything special or with my Red devil still in the the same tank?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Give the red devil a bunch of places to escape. I would remove the rd . Pairs can be real nasty. Keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was more worried about the pair. this is the first time they have ever stood up to the RD and to be honest he is only about 4 1/2 inches and the momma managuense is about 6 inches. but she was still backing down. but my RD has his own very secluded enclosure. not at all worried about him. anything else i need to know? will they just hatch and either get sucked in the filters or get eaten?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You can put sponges over your intakes . Bottom feeders are known to eat eggs and wigglers so if you have any I would remove them. Your parents should do a good job of looking after the fry. Hatch some brine shrimp for the fry . Not every fry is gonna make it so be patient. The parents are newbies too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so all the eggs are gone but the parents are now hiding in the cave coming out only 1 at a time. so did they move the fry inside? i cant see in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok wow there are about 100-150 little swiming fish in the cave now. they come out for like an hour then the parents put them back in. neat to watch. The devil and pleco have been just haning out on the other side of the tank in there own caves. the big managuense (fat [email protected]) and the RD flash at one another every so often but never lip lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts