Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 125 is now up & running with 55 gallon sump. The balzanii are loving it. Pothos are rooting well. Sorry about the crappy pic.
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Aquatic plant Water

3 tier running. Middle tank has shellies...
Cabinetry Wood Pet supply Shelving Gas

Vertebrate Water Organism Pet supply Marine biology

The Killi closet is nearing completion.
Shelving Wood Gas Shelf Machine

And have already hatched out some Nothobranchius rachovii fry...which are eating like little pigs...
Water Plant Wood Organism Vegetation

·
Super Moderator
5,971 Posts
Oh wow.
Everything looks really great.
Super nice work!
-
And to think - 6 months ago? You were just thinking about those tanks. Whew.... now? You are most definitely, ALL IN. :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Have made contacts in the AKA & will be working in a Nothobranchius species preservation program. The balzanii have a totally different demeanor in the 125. If I could figure out how to upload a video from an iphone it is a neat tank to watch. A lot of courting going on and female hierarchy shenanigans.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Killi closet are 20g longs?
And 3 tier stand are 40g breeders?

Impressive set up with all.
3 tier are all 40 breeders.
Killi rack has two 20 longs on top & six 10 gallon tanks on bottom rack. I'm using Alita linear air pumps, Hygger 24/7 planted lites & Hydro Sponge filters in various sizes. Killi tanks will be heavily planted with guppy grass. Currently growing out fry from Nothobranchius rachovii, Notho pienaari & have Fundulopanchax sjoestedti ci2021 oteri F1 2 pairs on the way. These are the first generation of babies from wild caught blue gularis collected in 2021. Last time any wild blue gularis were brought in from Africa was back in 1999. The gentleman who collected & exported these from Africa is no longer living so tough to say if any more wilds will be brought into the states.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I lived in New England I had a basement fish room with @ 60 tanks, blower, lights on timers, heated room, etc. Imported fish. Bred fish and sold fish around the country & Canada. Limited space forces you to concentrate on fewer species which can be a good thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts