Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up my rockwork in my 90 gallon last night as well as added my first batch of fish to the tank! We travel an hour and a half from home to purchse a group of saulosi. I decided to go with the smaller group this individual had due to the next fish I get being small as well. He had them all caught up in a bag and ready to go when I got there. I was expecting 10,but he threw in 5 extra at the same cost (15 saulosi for $20!) Obviously I won't be keeping all of those when full grown, but it definately gives me enough juvies to get a good male:female ratio!
I will post pics tonight...When I put those little guys in the tank, they immediately started exploring all the caves and tunnels. It was so cool to watch! They were playing "follow the leader" with what I think is already the current dominate male (he is much lighter than the others, I think he's starting his color change). They even ate some food this morning! I should be getting the rest of my fish next friday. I'm assuming that because the saulosi are relatively peaceful, very young (1" or so) and I'll be getting 25 more fish next Friday (Acei, Maingano, and snow whites) that it should be ok that these guys are in there a bit early?

·
Registered
143 Posts
not sure on agression isue s(just started in to cichlids my self) however, i would be concerned with te filtration being able to keep up with the bio-load... were it me i would wait off for 2-3 weeks between additions. other wise you may have to watch water quality very closely

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts