Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an Electric yellow with what is to be believed as internal parasites, for almost 2 months. I've used Parasite Clear, Pimafix, Melafix, and Fish Zole. I'm out of options, and the fish looks terrible, I think I should just put him out of his misery. But I can't just do that without hearing that it's the best thing to do...

·
Super Moderator
40,544 Posts
I'm thinking melafix and pimafix were meds that maybe did not fit the diagnosis. And Parasite Clear and Fish Zole are both metronidazole-based.

If he is so sick/damaged he cannot get better then euthanizing is an option. But if he seems to have a chance you could try a parasite med other than metronidazole.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know parasite clear was supposed to work. Then someone told me pimafix would work, and i saw it said it treated internal parasites, and I had melafix laying around for a beat up kenyi I had, so I figured I would try it. I used fish zole last, and I also used Parizipro, or whatever it's called. I'm kinda running out of options, and i don't want to spend tons of money on meds that won't work... He looks awful, super skinny, concave stomach, his head is much bigger than his body, and his color is awful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.