Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you live in Florida and there is never a cold snap again like there was a couple weeks ago. Lots of videos of people who lost their pond stock after that bad weather.

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
Better to actually put your question in the post because you will get more replies after you lure them in with your dilemma. Some will just not open the link and skip the topic.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx all... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

DJRansome said:
Better to actually put your question in the post because you will get more replies after you lure them in with your dilemma. Some will just not open the link and skip the topic.
i was talking about the koi / african cichlids mix... :-? :-? :-?

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
So if your question is about whether koi and African Rift Lake cichlids are ideally kept together, then no.

For one thing, koi are cold water fish and African Rift Lake cichlids are kept in warm water.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DJRansome said:
So if your question is about whether koi and African Rift Lake cichlids are ideally kept together, then no.

For one thing, koi are cold water fish and African Rift Lake cichlids are kept in warm water.
so that is a no for a long term... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

that is what i was thinking... 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
joselepiu said:
DJRansome said:

so that is a no for a long term... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

that is what i was thinking... 8) 8) 8)
Koi can live in small ponds in the tropics, like Hawaii... don't know where gets too hot. Basically both the cichlids and Koi can live if the water is not extreme. Cichlids may die out during a cold snap, depends where it is.

Now Koi can get 2+ feet long in ponds, while Mbuna are much smaller. How that works out in the long run...? What will the water quality be? Koi do not really appreciate aggression, they are laid back fish with their intelligence bred out of them.

He added a large Tiger Oscar? Yes, this all sounds pretty darn stupid. He has another predator American cichlids too? After complaining about bass killing the Koi, he added an Oscar? Do I have this right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.