Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, one of my red zebra is holding! This is a first for me but I want to do things the right way. I had a spare 25G tank that was cycling fishless and ready to use so I decided to isolate the mother in it:

Now I always go overkill with the filtration without any problems but I was concerned about the eventual babies. Will they be okay with this setup? The filter is an Eheim classic 2217. To avoid the fry being sucked into the intake I have an ac110 sponge and cut in half over it. Will there be too much flow for the babies? Will they go all over the tank or stay hidden in the cave I provided?

If you guys think there is too much flow I might go buy a tank divider and isolate the intake I dunno...

Mike

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Might be, I'm not up to par on their flow rate. As for fry hiding, I've had mixed experience with this. Depends on the species. Won't know until you try.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Me, I use a 10 gallon tank with a HOB filter and a small heater - no substrate.

That eheim sounds like it's going to be a LOT of water movement - the fry may not do well in it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glaneon said:
Me, I use a 10 gallon tank with a HOB filter and a small heater - no substrate.

That eheim sounds like it's going to be a LOT of water movement - the fry may not do well in it.
Yeah there is probably too much movement..just look at the surface breakage in the pic :S

Ok well I have an aquaclear 50 on another tank, with a sponge pre-filter.. I guess I will have to switch filters. I didnt want to because the other tank has super fine sand and the 2217 will probably disturb it alot..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts