Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I got a Brand New 90 gallon all glass aquarium from craigslist about 3 months ago. The tank was absolutely flawless and for 100 dollars I had to get it. Anyway, as of tonight I was cleaning off the glass and noticed that the two panels that meet on the side aren't exactly flush with each other. The side sheet sticks out two just a small fraction. Does this pose any major problem? it is very small, maybe the glass moved a bit while the silicon was drying? Anyway, the tank holds water fine and is level, just wanted to know thoughts and feelings.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If it holds water and has center brace intact on top I wouldn't be worried as long as no gaps. Silicone and glass is wicked strong. Probably a slightly off cut piece of glass. Happens all the time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah I have noticed this with a couple of my smaller fry and growout tanks. It hasn't been a problem as far as holding water or anything structurally.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I'm surprised, as the placement of the trim usually aligns any discrepencies in fit. Still, it must be very minor to allow the trim to still fit. It should be of no concern.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yep I have multiple 55s like this. No problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts