Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 3 texas cichlids that all came from different places they are still small biggest one being 4-5 inches anyway they seem to have a red strip across their top fins i am positive they are texas so im just wondering if this is normal. the strip of red is at the very top of the fin i dont think u guys would be able to see if i took a pic because it not very noticeable in the pics i might just be nothing but idk

·
Registered
281 Posts
JD`s have a thin red strip on fin, could they have made a mistake and sold them as texas.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said I got them all from different places so I don't they all made a mistake and I've already posted and showed one of them of look at my post and one of them should say pics of my CA's on my post but that was in his breeding colors so I doubt its there in the pics but I'm positive they are cyanoguttatus they don't look anything like jds because well the biggest one was in his breeding colors (white and black) for about two months but as I said in my last post it is very unnoticeable unless ur really looking but just check out one of my other posts to see pics because those are the only pics I can post right now because I can't take new ones at the moment

·
Registered
116 Posts
Texas are not red at all, unless there is some hybrid in them, it is possible that the three place you got them if they were all close to your are all got their stock from the same source.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idk my friend says he only sees it on the one I failed to mention the 2nd biggest is a carpintis and that's the one he noticed it on but I don't think carpintis have it though but that's the one I'm worried could be a hybrid because the place I got him from didn't technically say it was carpintis just said CA cichlids and had a bunch of CA's in the tank but yes I'm 100% positive my biggest one is not a hybrid ill post a link so u can see a pic of him real quick in the pic he's in his breeding colors and hasn't been in them since my last female of the group of 4 died I got them about 5 months ago and he's showing nice growth when I got him he was about 1 1/2" and now he's almost 5

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey if you can add some punctuation into your post it would be easier to read and you may get more help. Hard to figure out where one sentence stops and another begins.

A lot of stores in a single area get their fish from a common source. They do where I live anyway.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanx i get some pics of the smaller one on here. he/she has an odd shape to him/her. i was pretty sure the big one was a texas *** did a lot of research on them and hes probably my favorite fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts