Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think so, looks like damage from fighting to me. Keep and eye on him and see if anyone is picking on him. Ich is usually tiny specs like white freckles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All 5 of them look like that now and they are all hanging out top corners of the tank few more pics. all of them are still eating

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
That doesn't look like ich to me..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm *not* an expert, especially with cichlids, but I've kept fish on and off since I was a kid and I feel pretty much positive that is not ich. Also the fact that only your Acei's seem to be having issues is another clue. It could be a sickness of some sort that is not Ich, but again, I don't think so.

In the very last photo you can see the tail fin of one of them at the very top of the frame and it is all shredded. I feel about 95% sure that one of your Acei's is a bully and is beating up the other's, picking at their scales and nipping their fins. He/she may also show some damage since of course the other fish will try to defend themselves. Observe them closely for a while, find the bully and segregate him in a qarantine tank or breeder box until you can rehome it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fish have been in the tank for 10 days been testing water quality every day. 5th day had .25 ammonia and nitrite did a water change and it has been 0 for both everyday so far. I did do a fishless cycle. Been watching them more closely, when we first put them in they swam as a pack everywhere now they don't. Could be aggression seen one of the rusty chasing one of them. It's more like they might just be fighting in between them selves I think. Never seen fish trauma so that's why I thought it might have been ich. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Does not appear to be ich. Very blotchy, and tend to agree with FishKeeper.

I read back and you had ordered sexed groups. They appear to young to be reliably sexed. What's the exact stock list?

Keep a close eye on the fish and definitely the water parameters. It's possible you jumped the gun and the fish less cycle is not complete. What is your nitrate reading?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts