Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time using one finally my Cynotilapia chimate norths are breeding consistently

·
Registered
142 Posts
What do you have running it? I picture there is an air stone about 4-5 inches above? I've seen some tumblers that lift the eggs off the bottom a little bit every once in a while causing them to roll a bit. You just want to make sure you are getting fresh oxygenated water in there and up past the eggs. I suppose as long as you keep an eye out for any white fungus, they should be ok. If you see any rot or fungus on an egg, remove that egg completely.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would say it's iffy if there is enough flow around them... you may want to increase it just a bit so that the eggs sorta gently roll and float around just a tad bit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the airtube in there and in the video it's as high as it can go so I hope it works lol

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Try lowering the tube further into the tumbler, or lowering the tumbler deeper into the tank (while keeping the top above the water line if there are holes) or a combination of the two.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it going a little better I hope my little chimate norths make it I have 6 babies Proley about 1cm in another tank but they Proley got eaten by now I had no where else to put them unfortunately oh well I got 10 now if these make it

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another female holding lol they never bred for like 6 months and now everyday I add water to the tAnk hey breed this one has a huge mouthful

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks like the one I had many years ago but the kind I have now is different never used one that. Was as wide as this before. Mine doesn't move that much I think I need a better air pump I got a cheap 15 dollar one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts