Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I noticed white poop in the tank yesterday and I don't know who it came from. This area is a bit protruding but I can't tell if that is white poop sticking out or some sort of tube. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
That looks more like an egg tube to me.

Is the fish eating or holding?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DutchAJ said:
Was it thin, stringy looking?
It was the same thickness of the normal brown poop that I see. Wasn't any thinner than normal but it was white in color. I noticed it moving near the top with the current and thought it was a worm at first.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
That looks more like an egg tube to me.

Is the fish eating or holding?
The fish is eating from what I can remember yesterday. I'll check again today when I feed. She isn't holding and there isn't a fish in here that she can mate with I don't think lol. I don't have another electric blue acara unless something else was interested in her.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Does not sound like bloat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DJRansome said:
Does not sound like bloat.
I just fed them now and she did eat some pellets and spit out like dust particles of the food is what I call it. Not sure if that indicates eating or not.

·
Super Moderator
1,853 Posts
It sounds like she IS eating but the if the pellet size is too large, you will see excess particles being spit out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deeda said:
It sounds like she IS eating but the if the pellet size is too large, you will see excess particles being spit out.
That is what I thought was happening because she spits out small particles. I ordered some NLS cichlid formula and Thera A which I think are smaller. That should help her eat better. So is that a breeding tube? Can she lay eggs even if she doesn't have a mate in the tank to fertilize?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts