Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry the quality isnt great but i took them with my phone and he moves a lot. Im newer to africans so im not the best at identifying them but my buddy took his 30 down and had this guy in it and i dont know what he is, he didnt either.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks more like an OB or Marmalade Labeotropheus fuelleborni to me. The face gives it away. Check it out here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it!!!! Good call. I knew there was a special kind with that shape of mouth but I couldnt figure out which one. Thanks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
No problem, what are his tankmates? I think I see an Acei, a female Saulosi or lab (not sure), an OB zebra, and what else?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 75g tank with 1 Labeotropheus fuelleborni, 4 yellow labs, 3 acei, 1 kenyi (was an accident) and...now I dont know what to say the last one is. I was told the OB you see in this pic is an OB peacock not Zebra, thats an OB zebra?!?!

If I look at zebra and peacock juvs he looks more like a peacock to me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm surprised your Kenyi gets along with your labs. The second my lab hit the water the Kenyi went straight for it with every intention of killing him. So I took the Kenyi out.

I'm not solid on peacock id, but from the limited angle I can see, he has the same facial features of my Zebra who is at a similar size. I wouldn't give up the possibility of it being a peacock, if you put up more pictures I'm sure you can get a much more definitive answer.

I have a 75 too, isn't that just a great size for mbuna? I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, my kenyi does not get along well. I actually had 2 labs and they both were hiding all the time. I only saw them come out to eat. I got two more and it seems to have boosted confidence as they are out all the time. The kenyi though is still bothersome...my wife and I even said today we're going to have to move him. Im giving him a few more days and then out he comes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im sorry its so blurry but its the best I could get. It does show how pointed his face is though. Zebra seem rounder to me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah now that I can see his side profile I'm on board with the peacock id. The face looked rounder at the weirder angle. My bad haha. Very pretty either way!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That last photo is a definite OB Peacock. I've had them before and they held their own with any mbuna I had. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, he hasnt actually beat anyone up yet. I hate to get rid of him but if hes already showing aggression at such a young stage I think its only going to get worse. He just annoys them, doesnt actually beat on them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
brinkles, my Auratus was in my tank for less than 15 minutes before he came out. And that wasn't before he put two fish into the hospital tank!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts