Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a big baby thus far, not bothering anything and nothing is bothering it. is it a very aggressive species?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Swifterz said:
it's a big baby thus far, not bothering anything and nothing is bothering it. is it a very aggressive species?
They can be one of the most aggressive species of mbuna. Individual behaviour can vary though.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I always like the looks of these fish, but after owning an Auratus and having him bully ALL his tankmates almost to the point of death, I have decided that is one fish I would need to have in a species tank after hearing they are more aggressive than the Auratus.

Fine looking fish you have there too btw!! Hope his attitude remains unchanged for you.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
than you. he's been in about 3 hours now and i have been watching him. he is my largest fish, about an inch or so larger than each of my 2 big zebras and blue pindanis.

so far nothing at all is going on. he's very active but hasn't shown any aggression. i hope it works out. i have acei and labs in there with him.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My male auratus isn't aggressove at all. He's matured now. He chases new additions in the tank for a few minutes then goes on his merry way. So has this fish only been in there since today?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chunkanese said:
My male auratus isn't aggressove at all. He's matured now. He chases new additions in the tank for a few minutes then goes on his merry way. So has this fish only been in there since today?
yeah just got him about 6 or 7 hours ago now. picked up a canister filter from a guy and mentioned how i liked the fish. he just gave him to me. :)

he's in there with 2 red zebras, 2 powder blue pindanis, a bumble bee, a female kenyi, a mbamba, a pair of acei, and 3 labs. all fish are between 4 and 6".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts