Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got 2 fish yesterday on being Ornatus and the other Venustus or Livingstonii.
I am new to both cichlids.

The Venustus or Livingstonii is 10 inches, wild-caught. His patterns don't look like a Venustus rather more of a Livingstonii but he is rather yellow than grey with a bit of blue tint on his lower part of the head. I just want to be sure whether it's a Venustus or Livingstonii

Pictures are seen below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
fingarden said:
can I know what made you say it's a Livingstonii
Body shape and snout are a little different between species. Markings are some what different as well. The blotches on the body make a different pattern.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Actually, now that i look at it blown up on large screen i see that it is very spotted :oops: It's Nimbochromis polystigma Sorry for the confusion. Didn't look at your fish in detail and jumped the gun. :oops:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BC in SK said:
Actually, now that i look at it blown up on large screen i see that it is very spotted :oops: It's Nimbochromis polystigma Sorry for the confusion. Didn't look at your fish in detail and jumped the gun. :oops:
Oh okay, thanks you, I also had that thought. His face is truly spotted. With the light blue on his cheeks am hoping it's a male, yes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts