Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Is This A Good Deal on Tru-Flo Sump?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nodima 
#1 ·
Truvu tru-Flo Wet/Dry Sump for up to 180 gallons with Magdrive 950 and bulkhead fittings included....$60 total I comfirmed the sale tonight.

Just found out I barely missed on an 80 gallon with stand, ehiem 2028 and AC 110 for $250

Still, maybe my luck is about to change...impatience is a trait I need to develop...been looking for a month now.

I should find out soon if the guy who I've been talking down on his 125 is going to sell to me. He wants $300 I offered $250. I want to offer $200 and he can keep the two cascade canisters that he values so much, I've heard they suck pretty bad and I'll have the sump for my filtration along with a UGJ.

Cross your fingers for me...

#2 ·
no 125 :x

I got the truflo, with the pump. I now need to know what other things i need to to to set the thing up.

I know I'll need to figure out an overflow for it.

Also, it came with bio balls, kinda squarish, triangular shaped ones, larger size and clear. I'll take a picture soon. Should I go with them, or should I guy some blue bio balls?

hmm.

#3 ·
no reason not to rinse the ones you got with the sump, and plan on using them when you get the tank. The Mag 9.5 may be undersized for tanks 125 and up. I found that my 125 works well with the Mag 12 and my 180 with a Mag 18.

Lots of options on media for sumps, search out poret foam, and 'scrubbies' both terms should give you some ideas.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.