Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally thought it was a Aulonocara Maylandi (Sulfur Head) but that was on day 1 when I received them and most had lost their color during shipping so I wasn't 100% sure on two of the fish.

After having them for almost 3 weeks now and seeing the yellow blaze beginning to show on my Sulfur Head, the fish pictured below was sold to me as a Aulonocara Hansbaenschi (Red Shoulder). Is this a Red Shoulder?
*These are still images from a video I took so if you need better pictures I can get some put up later today.*

Aulonocara Hansbaenschi - Red Shoulder.JPG

Aulonocara Hansbaenschi - Red Shoulder 2.JPG

The reason I'm asking is because he has spots & blotches between his bars like a Hap and his body is silver reflecting in color like a Hap too? Also for the past couple of days my Otopharynx Tetrastigma (Intermedius) has been occasionally chasing him around the tank but no bullying, fighting, biting, nipping etc. I've had a lot of Peacocks and they always started off with a brown'ish colored body but not silver?

·
Registered
229 Posts
It looks a lot like mine when it was small. Mine also had the lines/splotches opposite the bars. How long is it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kipnlilo said:
It looks a lot like mine when it was small. Mine also had the lines/splotches opposite the bars. How long is it?
Ok, I feel better now.

He's about 2 - 2 1/2" long.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh yeah, still really small. Kind of hard to see with the fins clamped, but mine had a uniform broken, dash like line at the top of the dorsal fin I believe also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.