Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a mbuna yesterday it was so pretty. red with blotches, well my crawfish grabed and killed it :x. does anyone know what kind it could have been

please help my girlfriend is about to kill me over this one she found it. and i was amazed at its beauty. and now have no idae what it was to try to get another

thanks nate

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I took a look in axelrod's atlas and ther are some color variants of pseudotropheus zebra that match that description, as well as labeotropheus fuelleborni

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
A book written by Dr. Axelrod who is the has photographed and named lots and lots of fish. The atlas is a 6 inch thick book completely full of pictures and genus names with which you can identify most fish in the aquarium trade.

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
copasetic said:
cool ill like to get a copy.. Thanx for the info :thumb:
its way long out of date thou, pics are not so great either

If you want good African cichlid books with good pics and up to date info check out Cichlid Press books by Konings

OB M. estherae can be very nice

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya those are pretty nice mayne i got lucky and got a super nice one. do you think it may have been hormoned to give it so much color

·
Registered
495 Posts
ya i have 3rd edition of cichlids of lake malawi in their natural habitat its very nice book but not much info just names all 800 species id really like to get 1st edition that must be where the good info is..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts