Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a male of this variety, and he is around two years old, he has maxed out at between 3.5"-4". I seem to remember seeing some others in person that were at least 5" long, but I also know that there have been some being sold as type north that were believed to be actually more like a Lethrinops species. Any input from anyone with experience with this fish would be appreciated, Thanks! here are a couple pics of him.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hi!
Great looking fish! :thumb:
No-the Chitande type North is not a dwarf. I also have one and he's just over 6 inches.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, I got myself a runt! wanted to breed him too, that's a bummer, I would love to see a pic of yours, They are so scarce it's rare you get to see another one! Thanks for the response! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The tank size and frequency of water changes play a part in size, as well.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You're welcome!
You know, he's not a runt- just small boned! :p Actually, he looks good, regardless of his size and he's not THAT small; he's within "breeding standards." (<--Dog world lingo, LOL!)
He looks better than my mine, that's for sure!

I'll have to try to get a better picture this weekend. This is the only one I have and it's poor, heck half of his face is cut off! He's in the far left side of the picture. I left the 5" Electra in it so you can get an idea of his size though. They were shot under actinics so that explains the light/quality.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, he is a big dude! Mine is a feisty little guy, he chases away my 7"Empress from his favorite spot, funny to see, I just hope he doesn't get too cocky!

@floridagirl, thanks for the response, he is in a 72 bow with 12 other peacocks and smallish haps. I generally do a 50-60% water change weekly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.