Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read through many different sites and posts, I've decided I want to use colorquartz for my upcoming 55 gallon mbuna tank, but I'm a little unsure about which grade. I've seen some people saying T grade is sharp, and others seem to use it without issue...

Do digging fish like mbuna, or syno. cats seem to care whether it's T or S grade, or is it just a human opinion/preference? I'd prefer to use the heavier T grade so it sinks faster when disturbed and is less likely to get in my filters, but want my fish to enjoy the sand as much as possible too. The fact that T grade is angular-shaped worries me, but will it actually matter?

·
Registered
830 Posts
i thought the exact same thing when i went to buy mine last week. i ended up getting the s-grade. it is real fine but sinks well, after good wash. i also asked about the t-grade and was reassured that it would be fine too. the angular shape is to minimal i think to do any damage to diggers or cats. either grade is good for tanks.

the only difference is the color choices are different for each grade. but usually not an issue. :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used to house my Geos with T-grade and they loved it. I'll probably give the s-grade a try in an upcoming tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts