Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I noticed this evening that my blue Kenyi (which i thought was a male but i now know is a female) Mouth was looking really strange almost distorted a little with what i would describe also as looking like a double chin, i decided to feed them straightaway as i read a holding female would not eat any food whilst holding and she didnt :dancing: when she opens her mouth a little i can see yellowish/brownish balls in there is that eggs? am sooo excited its the first time i have experienced this, thats assuming she is and she isnt in fact ill! how long would she hold for? is there anything i need to do? sorry to all you expert Cichlid keepers im new to all this and being this close to nature for me is just amazing x

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well i hate being the first one to comment cause I am no expert, far from it! It does seem like your fish is holding. Got any pics?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay Thanks!!! I hope shes holding and i will try to post some pics tomorrow! am just looking now for a breeder tank thanks for the link it was really helpful am so excited just hope she really is holding, the tank was moved a month ago and i didnt expect this to happen so quickly *fingers crossed* x

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
The males are yellow in case that helps to determine gender.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i managed to get some pictures but *** learnt this morning that fish really dont like posing for the camera do they :? but here goes the best i could get, I noticed her colours have faded a little but im guessing thats cos shes not eating at the mo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts