Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am being asked to take 8 Neolamprologus leleupi and im just woundering wud it be wise putting them in my tropheus ilangi tank

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Hard one. The leleupi will claim territorys in the rocks and be real mean. The dom Tropheus males if adult will take exception to this.

Its not that you can not keep these two together. Its more that it often goes pearshaped due to lack of room.

If mixing keep em on the Tropheus diet the leleupi will adapt better than the Tropheus.

Personally I would say no way or give me the tank they are in to look after them for you. :wink:

All the best James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to be honest i dont use much rock anymore as it cause alot of territory problems so i hav just afew lying around in the tank?? my tank is 500ltr and i forgot to mention i have a group of multi shellys

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Well adult leleupi are well known for killing small shellys like multies (short term I would expect no major problems but it is a ticking time bomb I think).
so yet another reason to say... Yep very happy to keep em for you but they need a tank that you give me. :wink:
Bargains are only bargains if they are the fish you select for your tank.
Far better to go a group of say J.ornatus than N.leleupi if looking for a communitty type tank and add nothing and remove the mulies if looking for a Tropheus breeding tank.
All the best James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts