Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Tang. Shelldwellers, however, I am a little crowded here and would like to put two diff shellies in one 20gal long if possible. How about with lots of shells? and maybe some taller rocks in the middle making two separate sand areas?? Heres what I have currently in 10's & 20gal's. (each species has their own tank right now)

3) telmatochromis temporalis
4) Neolamp. Meleagris/Stappersi
7) adult Multies with many fry
2) Similis (that refuse to reproduce - or arent able to)
4) Caudopunctatus

I also have 3 marleri julies (juvies) could these go in with any of them? i'd like to get fry if possible too... Maybe this just wont work. Just looking for advice and if anyone has successfully pulled it off...

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Well the caudopunks and temporalis aren't true shellies, so might be good candidates to mix with one of the others, but a 20 is a bit small, I think, to try this. Assuming a larger tank, then I'd give the mix of the caudopunks with either the simili's, multi's, or stappersi the best chance for success. The temporalis can bully all of those fish, so just a tough fish to mix with many things. If I was going to pick one combo, I'd say the caudopunks and multi's with rocks at one end, sand in the middle and the shell bed in the other. Put a shell or two in front of the rocks for the caudo's to spawn in. You might even pull this off in the 20 if only one pair of caudo's is involved. Maybe split them if you have 2m/2f, and put one pair with each of the multi's and simili's. I'd keep the meleagris in a 20 on their own. That'd be challenging enough.

I wouldn't even think of putting the marlieri's in a 20 with anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts