Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I noticed small ants along the top of my tank. I really didn't think anything of it. One night I noticed all my fish in one corner making a big ruckus. I lifted the lid and all these ants poured into the tank, eggs and all. I cleaned them all out and fish seem okay other than no more excitement. But is it okay if they eat ants if they come back?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if it is bad for them to eat ants or not. I would assume that would be fine but I do know if you spray chemicals to get rid of the ants and it gets in the fish tank it will kill all the fish. I learned that the hard way by Spraying a little bit on a net in my garage and then months later dipping the net into the tank and killing all my fish. From what I understand the fish cannot take any pesticide.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. They are gone but it the ants were gone the fish were lite.ley jumping out of the tank to get at the ants. I used a sweetened chemical they ate and killed the queen and eggs. I was so nervous they would fall in and get eaten. Just when though thought you seen it all with Mbuna!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts