Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gal african tank with good filtration and a new impeller. My electric blue (4-5 in) is acting weird. He is just staying in one spot the whole time. If fish bump into him he just doesnt move. All the other fish are healthy and active but he is not. I feed them a good amount of food and spirlina. All are health but not the electric blue. Please help! He is my best looking fish now.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. All the other fish dont even touch him!!...He is the biggest fish i have!!...PLease HElp me!

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
A fish that sits in one spot, doesn't eat and it generally listless is never a good sign. Is it breathing heavy at all, have any marks, spots, how are it's feces....

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
If the fish is breathing heavy and sitting on the bottom, it could be bloat. I would treat the fish in the manner suggested in the bloat sticky in the illness section. It might be too late, but worth a try anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.