Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading how some people (and the state of california) attribute clout to cancer and other things. i'm treating a sick fish with clout in a 10 gallon hospital tank in my room - there is no top on my hospital tank. when the water evaporates, is what i'm breathing in going to be toxic?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,714 Posts
I don't think evaporated water will allow you to inhale enough to be toxic. Wouldn't the solids not evaporate anyway? You can email the manufacturer if you are concerned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
near enough everything gives you cancer, according to some people.....

and the short answer is yes, otherwise it wouldn't be very effective. however, the mechanisms it uses target specific metabolic pathways that inhibit particular protists/bacteria /whatever.

whilst a small amount of it might be aerosolized through evaporation, I dont think its a major issue, I suspect that even breathing fumes from the bottle (undiluted) would be low enough not to have a toxic reaction.

in short, dont worry about it, and (as with all meds) only use it when you have to
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top