Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Bill and I'm a 71 year old retired Insurance Broker formally from Toronto now residing 2 hours north on the shore of Georgian Bay in a place called Tiny Township (not kidding) which is near Midland, Ontario. Been 3 weeks now fixated on the web reading about tanks and stuff and I expect I will eventually succumb to the disease. Prior to 20 years ago I had tanks on and off forever- mainly Cichlids including Africans. Now I'd go with Lake Malawi mbuna and peacocks I think.

My worry is that I'm somewhat hobbled by osteoarthritis and the maintenance might be challenging. On the other hand being retired I have lots of time and keep a chair close. Have no equipment whatsoever at this time and assuming I do this, think I will need a turnkey outfit to reduce workload. Do have an API test kit on the way so can report on well water at a later date (definitely hard). Have a spread sheet on the go comparing a Red Sea reefer 350 to an Aqueon 90 with all the fixings. The Red Sea is impressive but at a significant cost and I try to avoid spending stupid money.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Bill :fish:

·
Administrator
40,586 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

Aqueon is always my choice, I like 75G better than 90G especially for ease of maintenance.

I would choose mbuna or peacocks but not mix them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DJRansome on the Red Sea 350 the volume is listed at 73g for the display and 18g for the sump totaling 90g. So is this a 73 or a 90? Dimensions are L47"xH21XW20.
Hoping to get permission to install my setup in living room so leaning towards high end stuff. Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.