Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a new 135 gallon with a sump. I am considering an internal skimmer box with either one or two outflows to the sump. I have looked at the Synergy Ghost Overflow system and a few others including the [email protected] Overflow Stealthbox from Custom Aquariums (I am also interested in their Seamless Sump) . My main priority is a low noise lever, and of course safety. So my question is, if I drill the tank for the outflow(s) why do I need to attach the external box on the back for the water to collect and then go through a Bean Animal pipe system when I could just have the outflow tube/pipe connect directly to the bulkhead? Won't the box in back just create another area for there to be trickle noise?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
You don't need both systems. In fact each system has advantages and disadvantages and by installing both, you would have all the disadvantages of both. And not really anything to gain.

·
Registered
129 Posts
+1. If you're going to drill the tank, build your Bean Animal and hook it up to your bulkheads and work with that. :) If you're not drilling the tank, then you'd look at one of the systems you mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts