Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I have been running my 55 gallon freshwater assorted chiclid tank for about a year now. At first i had lame gravel fake plants a cassel bla bla nothing which made me intrested as i made it more of a hobby and started spending good amounts of money i started to read up and show more intrest on this. Right now i have a55 gallon tank with black sand ran by and emperor and ehemi professional II. I recently bought a beautiful viberant coral piece about 18 inches long. I bout a couple more corals and dead rocks from somoene. Tank looks good I have 2 red devils (one in which feels i buy him lunch everytime i put new fish in the tank!) 1 jewel 1 bumble bee (african) 3 S/a 2 lake malawi , 1 pletco, blue aceii, and some assorted and one oscar.
Ok basically sitting back looking at my setup i feel i like the coral rock look and im thinking about getting rid of all my decorative plants. First i would like to add more coral and rock to the tank and structure it. What glue is safest and best to create my structure and what rock is best for an african chiclid tank ? I just put a black backround on the tank to make the fish and coral pop and i like it... What kind of rock should i go with and coral and what glue should i use to create it? aLso i have a green slate structure the fish love and it is algae stained whats the best way to go about cleaning it with out harming the fish? Thanks in advance!!! :dancing:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

MikeandLiz said:
What kind of rock should i go with and coral and what glue should i use to create it?
GE Silicone I (Doors and Attics) works well as an adhesive.
If you are going for a saltwater look: Lace Rock, Texas Holey Rock, Aragonite, or Tufa Rock have the best "reef look" IMO. Lace Rock has a darker look whereas the rest are lighter-to white (Holey Rock) in coloration.

MikeandLiz said:
aLso i have a green slate structure the fish love and it is algae stained whats the best way to go about cleaning it with out harming the fish?
Scrub the rock then and soak it in bleach. Soak it for 24 hours in bleach, followed by a freshwater soak then allow it to dry in the sun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.