Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fish fiends I have only recently seen these heaters availible and am curious as to what people think of them...I know one benefit is you no longer have the heater in the tank....which is a nice bonus...Does anyone else have any pros and cons experience with them? Thanks for any replies.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hydor-ETH-200-In-Lin ... 255fdd7c07

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love my inline heater! When i had my internal heater, my water temp would fluctuate, now that i have an inline heater, my temp has not moved from 78 degrees!! I love it! And thats the inline heater that i have the one on Ebay your bidding on!

Good Luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
i am looking at the inline heater also. will that heater work for 125gal. tank?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks I will ave to look into it more now...Wife will kill me but fish wil lov me ... lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had a Hydor inline heater attached to my Eheim canister on a 65 gal for almost a year now, it's the best heating setup I've ever had. I love it! The temp is a constant 77F throughout the tank (and that's saying something, because the ambient temp in the room can drop to 19C). It's even working while the hoses need a good de-algaeing LOL. It's definitely a "set it and forget it", altho I still have a thermometer in there just to be safe.

·
Banned
406 Posts
I have the ETH200 hooked up to a Eheim 2217 in my 55 gallon and so far so good...although *** only had it for less than a week. :? No leaks what so ever and the temp is spot on when I compared it to a thermometer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I run a pair of ETH 300 heaters on my 125. We heat mostly with wood and pellets. The room temp can drop to 55 at night, so i went with two. I have had no problems with them in 2+ years of service. No matter what the room temp is the tanks stay steady..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome...thanks so much for the replies and I think I have now been sold..I am going to buy one of them off ebay and will let you all know how it works out in a future thread. I was wary of geting the smaller one for a 75 gallon tank which it will be going on, so I will go with the bigger option...It should work real well with the brand new eheim pro 3 G160 I got on boxing day!! Yay me and yay to fish!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts