Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on what this could be? Been there about a week…not getting any better or worse since I’ve noticed it. I have very little fighting or chasing in my tank. He’s the tank boss. I’ve never seen him battle with any other fish and never have seen him with nipped fins…

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,404 Posts
Are you referring to the patchy spot behind his head and below the dorsal fin? It may be heater burn or a scrape from the rocks, usually clean water and low organics (clean filter and substrate) will help it heal.

Keep an eye out that it doesn't look worse or develop fungus and if it does, you may have to remove him to a smaller tank for treatment rather than treating the entire tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the white patch…heater is behind background so it’s not that. I do 50% plus water changes a week and test water parameters weekly. Never had nitrates above 40ppm. Ammo and nitrite always at 0. I will add some stress guard and keep an eye on him. I Have 1 other fish that seems to have sunken belly but he eats well and acts normally. I haven’t added any new fish for 3 months…so I’m kinda wondering if something else is going on???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update…I have another fish showing some grayish film on it and it is not really eating…See pic. The fish from above seems to be healing up but has another small patch on his other side. Does this look like Columnaris? No other fish are showing any symptoms and are acting normal. Thoughts?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts