Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while I was showing my tank to a friend I saw this small ( 2 inches ) cichlid with what looked like a swollen mouth. Can you guys take a look at this short video and see if you can tell if my cichlid is breeding or possibly injured..........thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
Looks like she is holding to me! =D>

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
without a doubt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply on this I got a little worried my little one was injured. I did find the fish back to normal earlier and then later on back to the same look in addition to not eating. Ok so now that we have established that since I am new to the hobby, what if anything should I do next? Also is there a specific age or size that these can start breeding at? I kinda find this cichlid small to be breeding already and not my bigger fish.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ed 718 said:
Thanks for the reply on this I got a little worried my little one was injured. I did find the fish back to normal earlier and then later on back to the same look in addition to not eating. Ok so now that we have established that since I am new to the hobby, what if anything should I do next? Also is there a specific age or size that these can start breeding at? I kinda find this cichlid small to be breeding already and not my bigger fish.
labs do tend to breed at a pretty small size 1.5 to 2 inches easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.