Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this fish, had to have it! its just that simple! now just have to figure out where to put em lol.

·
Registered
554 Posts
they're beautiful. What are they?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Very nice.
Looks like Labeotropheus Fuelleborni (Katale).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep they are lab. fulleborni. not sure of the location, but i agree that katale seems the most similar. pity the females are pretty ugly looking imo, but i guess that just makes the male look even better by comparison??

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yep these are beautiful fish, but ditto on the aggression.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah they have massive attitudes already. im thinking that my cynotilapia sp. lion would be the right choice for tankmates.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
And of course, you need a bunch of females.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i only have four at the moment, im thinking six might do it, what do u reckon? with some other species i will be trying to keep a sub male in the colony in case the alpha male dies for some reason, i wont have to chase up a replacement. but have my doubts whether this will work with the fulleborni, i have seen how relentless they are! and the sub males cant try and go invisible like melanochromis and the rest...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think a sub dominant male will just get beaten up and end up dead. Try and add a few more females. The male labeotropheus will probably be the dominant fish in your tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts