Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving in Feb.7 and my jewel cichlids decided to have fry. they still have there yoke sacs and i do have a net fry breeder that hangs in the tank. i was wondering what is the best way to move and transport the fry w/o killing them? :fish:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Yikes.
It'll be easier if their wriggling already. If so, I'd probably pack them as if you were going to ship.
Bagged in plastic, covered in paper, surrounded by styrofoam, in a box with heat packs.
I don't have any experience with shipping as of yet so hopefully someone else will chime in, or offer a different idea.
How far is the move, or how long will it take from tank to tank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm moving 5 blocks.

they are as big the dash together --

is it possible to put some in the breeding net and let the parents take care of the the ones i leve behind. i dont want to kill the little guys.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It's a good idea to leave some with the parents so as to prevent any aggression issues.
For 5 blocks, the breeding net should be fine in a container with tank water and an aerator, assuming it won't take long to get the tank back up and running. Add a heater once they've arrived if needed while you get the tank set up.
What size is the tank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my tank is 55g. i will be setting it up right away.
thank you all for your help. its funny they have babies whe it time to move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts