Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a had my tank with fish in it since March 4. It has 0ppm Nitrite and 0ppm Ammonia.
The ph is showing 7.7 I think and the nitrate is in normal levels.

I bought 6 peacocks and they all died with in 4 days any ideas? I'm very confused, I have already had issues with test strips providing horribly inaccurate readings. So I upgraded to an actual liquid test kit.

Also I have concerns with my heater as it always has air bubbles on a single spot on it. If they leak is there anything harmful that comes out?

Any help would be great.

Thank you

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1)38gallon
2)no other fish, moved my cycle fish to another tank
3)79
4)And nope they were ok then they died.

I also have 2x AC70 for filters, Feeding NLS and using Prime/Stability.

Thank you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
How did you acclimate them? Unfortunately, 38 gallons really isn't big enough for Peacocks, BUT that wouldn't be the COD that soon, sounds like issues acclimating, an incomplete cycle, or a parasite introduced by cheap feeder goldfish or something of the like (which is one of countless reasons why a fishLESS cycle is HIGHLY recommended)

When you say "normal" levels, what ARE your Nitrate levels? Did you test the Ammonia and Nitrite shortly after the peacocks died? It's possible if you used fish to cycle, they wouldn't have produced enough bioload to handle what introducing the peacocks would add (another reason for a fishless cycle!) Could you give us some numbers?

Sorry for your loss, hopefully we can get that tank up and running again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts