Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More gallons that is. I currently have a 55g Tall with Yellow Labs in it. The rest of my stock died a few days after I got them from ick. Anyway, that was almost 2 years ago and I couldn't keep them from procreating so now I have 9 in there. (No aggression has been seen.) So I'm looking to upgrade to either a 75g, 90g or 125g. I would get rid of the 55g Tall and put the Yellow Labs in the new tank. Any suggestions? Should I go big or go home? Should I add some more fishies? Different breeds? Just looking for somewhere to end up. Thanks in advance! :fish:

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Well there must be a reason you want more gallons? Do you have your eye on one or more other species?

·
2,088 Posts
I've always preferred the look of 6' tanks, and once you are at 90 gallons in a 4 footer, it gets difficult to work on the tank due to the depth.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DJRansome said:
Well there must be a reason you want more gallons? Do you have your eye on one or more other species?
I would like to have at least 2 more species in the tank.

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
You could add 2 species to a 55G that is 48x12 depending on which species you choose, for a total of 3 species.

I like 4 species in a 75G or 90G.

And 5 species in a 72" long tank.

My favorite tank size is the 75G for display and the 33G 48x12 for utility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts