Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to identify the tank manufacturer of my 150. I see the tag on the trim of the tank that says the tank was built in 04 and has a serial number. There is no logo for the manufacturer but it does have the letters "FM".

I am looking for glass tops for this tank, its a 72x18 150 gallon with a center brace. Most of the 72x18 glass tops I see are 3 sections. I found a 72x18 kit that has two sections but they're for Perfecto tanks only; hence the need to identify my tank manufacturer.

I think the sections are 36x18, but my tank openings are really 35 1/2 x 17 1/2. Anyone think they would fit? I was thinking the 36x18 was a rough measurement thing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On my 125G, same measurements as yours with just the single center brace, the 36x18 fit perfectly. I couldn't find a set of them for it so I just bought 2 of the tops for a 40 breeder.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You got the one for the 40? What are it's dimensions? I'm seeing one that size, but the glass dimensions wouldn't be close to what I need.

36" Versa-Top 30 gallon / 40H 35-1/8" x 9-1/2"

There is also this one, but it's not right either

36" x 18" Versa-Top 50 / 65 gallon, requires center brace 2 - 16-7/8" x 14-1/4" panels

This is my tank, if that helps at all. Is your center brace like this?

EDIT: I found some at a certain online retailer, gonna try those for the 72x18 and see if they work. Hopefully my tank is a Perfecto.

·
2,088 Posts
You could also try to make good measurements, and hit up a local glass shop for the glass. Buy the hinge and the plastic back piece at your supplier of choice.

I had to go this route a while back on a tank where I needed custom glass as the filter stuff was all on an end of the tank. It was fairly reasonable.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about doing that, but I didn't feel like messing with it. Hopefully these fit and I won't have to worry about it otherwise I may be doing just that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
RRasco said:
You got the one for the 40? What are it's dimensions? I'm seeing one that size, but the glass dimensions wouldn't be close to what I need.

36" Versa-Top 30 gallon / 40H 35-1/8" x 9-1/2"

There is also this one, but it's not right either

36" x 18" Versa-Top 50 / 65 gallon, requires center brace 2 - 16-7/8" x 14-1/4" panels

This is my tank, if that helps at all. Is your center brace like this?

EDIT: I found some at a certain online retailer, gonna try those for the 72x18 and see if they work. Hopefully my tank is a Perfecto.
Glad to hear you found some. The ones I got are the Aqueon Breeder versa-top. The top of my tank looks the same with the glass center brace. My opening measurements are 35 1/4x17 1/8 and the tops I got are 35x17.
Hope the tops you found work out and good luck with the new tanks! :thumb:
P.S. I can't wait to hopefully get my hands on some of your Cyno. sp Hara from the box exchange we "Dry Wash" did with HCCC this Thursday!!! :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AZcichlidfreak said:
P.S. I can't wait to hopefully get my hands on some of your Cyno. sp Hara from the box exchange we "Dry Wash" did with HCCC this Thursday!!! :D
Oh, sweet. I donated 10 for that. I actually have my female holding again as of Sunday. :D If you don't get any of those, we can always work something out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update, the Perfecto glass tops fit. They could be about 1/2" wider from front to back, but the large center brace helps support them so it's really a non-issue. I've never had new glass tops before, but these are really nice. Heavy too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
RRasco said:
AZcichlidfreak said:
Oh, sweet. I donated 10 for that. I actually have my female holding again as of Sunday. :D If you don't get any of those, we can always work something out.
First glad to hear the new glass tops worked out for you. :thumb:
Second I scored one of the bags of your Cyno sp. Hara's last night!!!! :D
Even after being shipped and in the bags all day until I got home at about midnight, after I floated them and then introduced them in their temporary 30G one of the males was fully colored up and showing off for one of the females within 15 minutes tops. :fish:
So thanks, and also tell all the guys and gals from HCCC THANK YOU from all of us at DWAS for the great selection of new fish for us! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! Dave has had them for a few weeks and shipped them out from what I know. He always does a great job. Glad to hear they are doing good. Take care of my babies. I'd love to see some pics.

Having said that, here's some pics of the new tops. Like I said, not a perfect fit. But they'll work because of the large center brace. They do not rest completely on the edges of the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts