Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me determine what kind of cichlid this is. Someone said Red Devil and someone else said Peacock.

Oh shoot, how do you post pictures lol?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not sue what I am doign wrong here. Can someone help? This fish is a little bit more orange/pink than it shows here. There is a bad glare on the glass. This is one of the parents of my 4 baby cichlids so I want to find out what kind they are.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well, your image tag isn't a proper address to the image, it's to a private album. Your picture address should end in .jpg or something else to be valid in a image tag.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
No, it's because of the color. Estherae females are a deeper orange (the blur behind the demasoni in my avatar is a female estherae). Mature males turn the color of your fish. You only want one in your tank.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have one similar to that in my tank, pretty sure mine is a pearl zebra though. All I know is that he doesn't pick fights but he finishes them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my babies have grown up (the fish in the pics are their parents) and I saw my first baby Cichlid yesterday!!! So cute! I hope he makes it. I have the Mama in a holding tank and she is still holding..somehow this one escaped and is now fending for himself (and pretty good I may add) with the big boys in the big tank!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts