Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Photo 1) Pseudotropheus socolofi? Definitely can't keep in all male Aulonocara tank?
Photo 2) Red Zebra Pseudotropheus? (Female) Definiteliy can't keep in all male Aulonocara tank?
Photo 3) Snow White Pseudotropheus Socolofi? Not sure how these interact with the peacocks, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Photo 4) Sciaenochromis fryeri (Blue Hap)? Shouldn't be an issue w/peacocks since it's male and all male tank?

If i'm wrong or confused or any of these can stay in my new all male Aulonocara/Peacock tank please let me know!!!

<3 you guys.

-B

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
First 3 are part of the M. Zebra Mbuna complex,
1. OB Zebra mbuna
2. Red Zebra, M. estherae
3. Red Top Albino Zebra
4. yes,male Fryeri, or a hybrid of one

Could you keep those Zebras in with the all male tank? Well, if female, and they might all be female, they might throw your all male out of whack. Or be ignored. If male would be too dominant. You could try to keep them and might be ignored, and ignore, and remove if they cause problems, but be aware of risk. Mbuna tend to more obnoxious, and can intimidate Aulonocara. You decision on how serious you want to be. If you are spending to get pure Aulonocara, you probably shouldn't add Mbuna.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir, I don't really wanna risk it. Gonna pull all the mbuna's. Already removed an Auratus for being an ass non-stop. Gonna just go 100% aulonocora and make life easy for everybody.

Thanks for the response <3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts