Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of different ideas for stocking a 75-90 gallon tank. I want to have groups of 1m 4f of Afra Jalo Reef's, Rustys, and Fuelleborni for sure. I was wondering if it would be ok to mix in some single males in there such a 1 Polit, 1 Chewere (not sure with Jalo Reef?), and 1 Yellow Tail Acei?

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
If you mix in single males, you would not be able to save fry from your breeding groups because you would not know who the father was. The single males will spawn with whatever females are in the tank if there are none of their species.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You don't like the brown shoe leather look in your fish? If you get the right mix the females will be holding a lot. You may not see them that often :D

In all seriousness is you like the polit look you could consider Met. "Membe Deep"

·
Registered
485 Posts
dotbomb said:
:D

In all seriousness is you like the polit look you could consider Met. "Membe Deep"
That's what I did. I found some Met. Membe Deep - they're nice fish, mine are not very aggressive.
I still have my male polit, but didn't keep them for the same reason(drab females).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts