Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I saw this fish at the LFS show tank, therefore is not for sale;
Since here in Brazil they never use the real names of the fishes, I'm pretty sure they are wrong on their ID;
I'll first show you the pictures so you can take a guess, and then I'll say what they told me it was, ok?
Sorry for the horrible pictures, I took them with my phone, on a very lit area;

Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Well, I'm usually terrible at this so I'm not expecting any less.
The upper body coloring and face striping look almost elongatus-like, however the body doesn't quite conform. I can't see any barring to suggest kenyi.
Yeah, no idea, lol. I'll go with Rusty.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Just to be different I guess Metriaclima Sp. "aurora blue" (Kanjindo Rocks) but if in a LFS just as likely to be a lombardoi cross/hybrid (older guys lose any barring). Kind of 240+ Mbuna variants plus hybrids to guess at. :wink:

If your saying its an Iodotropheus well you could knock me down with a feather. :wink:
But line breeding can do so much who is to say it could not be. :?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No! I'm not saying its an Iodotropheus, I was "asking" if it could be; I was actually "hoping" it was, because I'm interested in having them, but we don't have as many species as you guys have there, so I got a little excited with the idea of having found one; :wink:

The guy at the LFS actually told me it's a lombardoi, except that here in Brazil they call it "Pseudotropheus lombardoi";

I just realized I S.U.C.K. big time when trying to figure out which species I'm looking at!!! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts