Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, weird story, I work at Petsmart and somebody randomly left this fish inside a pet Co. bag at the register. I keep threedifferent tanks, one is a Malawi peacock cichlids tank I am wondering if I can keep this Cichlid in a grow out tank and then move him in with my peacocks or will I have to rehome this guy who's already been abandoned. I really can't tell what type of cichlid this is, so I don't really know if he safe for my tank or not.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Mbuna, but they don't seem too obnoxious, hope for a female. Males lose the cool markings.

Not sure what you mean by "peacock", the name is used so loosely now for hybrids. Better to add this now while juvenile and let it grow up in the tank. The larger fish will ignore. If it becomes too bossy down the road, remove then... not going to kill the other fish all at once, but Mbuna can stress out Aulonocara so they lose color.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would not add this fish to any of my tanks without "QUARANTING" him for at least 4 weeks. No telling where he came from or what he is carrying. Just my thought.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, he is currently quarantines, alone in a grow out tank, I just wanna know if he's too aggressive too be with peacock cichlids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts