Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the LFS they were in a tank labeled "Assorted African Cichlids". I bought 2 and I have a convict. I would like to know what kind they are as to read up on what I can expect. The pictures are pretty horrible, as I could not get a good picture of my fish.
I *think* this is a Kenyi. I swear at the LFS he was blue with stripes.

This is my convict with an unknown African.

Unknown African?

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
there is a section specifically for this, and is often easier to get fish id'd there

sometimes assorted african cichlds are labelled as such because they are hybrids, so they have no real name, or their origin is unknown so they can't legitimately call them by a specific name because they aren't positive they are pure

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here’s the same ones only larger:

Where is the section specifically for this at?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Moved.
Looks like you'll need a different host for the pics. Try imgur.
Once the upload is complete, copy and paste the 'Message Board' link here in your reply.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTZ said:
Moved.
Looks like you'll need a different host for the pics. Try imgur.
Once the upload is complete, copy and paste the 'Message Board' link here in your reply.
Thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
fish #1 looks like a Pseudotropheus socolofi

Fish #2 looks like some variant of the Metriaclima zebra complex. If it is male, and colours up, you'll be able to identify it at that point, but otherwise not.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fogelhund said:
fish #1 looks like a Pseudotropheus socolofi

Fish #2 looks like some variant of the Metriaclima zebra complex. If it is male, and colours up, you'll be able to identify it at that point, but otherwise not.
Thank you. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts