Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres on for the lake victoria experts... ill see if you can guess before i tell you what i bought it as...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im impatient i know :) just dont want to waste my time growing out a fish that is an obvious hybrid! but thats a good sign that your not sure either way, i guess :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
tranced said:
heres on for the lake victoria experts...
A. burtoni is from the rivers around Lake Tanganyika

tranced said:
yep thats correct do you think they look genuine or a bit shady?
A lot of riverines will show some color variation depending on location. The egg spots all in a row and the bit of reddish color just behind the gills remind me of the burtoni I kept years ago. I don't see anything "shady" about your fish.

Kevin

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StructureGuy said:
A. burtoni is from the rivers around Lake Tanganyika
err right you are, lol. dunno why i thought it was victorian, probably just assumed because of looks. still, if anything will hybridise with them it would probably be a victorian!

StructureGuy said:
A lot of riverines will show some color variation depending on location. The egg spots all in a row and the bit of reddish color just behind the gills remind me of the burtoni I kept years ago. I don't see anything "shady" about your fish.

Kevin
sounds good :) will of course post some pics up later when he has grown a bit. did you find you had to keep 2 males together to bring out the best in your dominant one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts