Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a guess on this one? Some sort of Cynotilapia? I posted him about a week ago when i purchased him but he has colored up a little since. Tank is a little hazy from doing a vacuum job right before taking the pictures.

The one on the bottom in the first picture.

Thanks,

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one on the top is a Hongi but is not showing much color in that picture. He/She only seems to show color when they are trying to be dominate. Thats why I was so confused about this one because they look sort of similar but this one is much darker.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
LanceN34 said:
The one on the top is a Hongi but is not showing much color in that picture. He/She only seems to show color when they are trying to be dominate. Thats why I was so confused about this one because they look sort of similar but this one is much darker.
The one at the top in the first picture is clearly NOT a Hongi. Metriaclima greshakei probably, or at least one of the Red Top Zebra group.

The second smaller fish looks more like a Labidochromis "Hongi"... the smaller mouth, the black line in the anal fin, the less defined barring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts