Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
you should really try and get a better pic before posting, even if it takes a couple of hours to do so.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tremendously helpful, cjacob... :roll:

Second one looks like a really poorly bred yellow lab. First... I originally was thinking female Hongi or something similar, but the slope of the forehead is making me think more along the lines of peacock/hap.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
Tremendously helpful, cjacob... :roll:

Second one looks like a really poorly bred yellow lab. First... I originally was thinking female Hongi or something similar, but the slope of the forehead is making me think more along the lines of peacock/hap.
i find my post more helpful than your's, you're just taking a shot in the dark, which is why it's better to post good pics, because then you just get a bunch of blind guesses like this

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try to get better photos and re post them.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
not1min said:
I will try to get better photos and re post them.
I just can't see them well enough to make a decent enough guess, I hate seeing half a million bad guesses in here, anyone can make a blind guess at identifying a fish, but it doesn't really help the op out

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
I would agree that the second one looks like a big unattractive Yellow Lab.

First .... looks like it could be a Malawi cichlid

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
noki said:
I would agree that the second one looks like a big unattractive Yellow Lab.

First .... looks like it could be a Malawi cichlid
Yep better photo would help. Think it might be a Tropheops or yellow lab cross or yellow lab.
Kind of really hard to tell from that photo.

First guy may need to grow some and better less blury photo before I could give a good guess. Mbuna I think but can not tell much else yet.

All the best James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts