Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank has ich and it's my clown loaches that I noticed first. I've raised the temp to 86 and I've added salt. It has been three days and the loaches are looking worse. Is there hope? Should I try something else? All of cichlids seem to be doing fine. I haven't had ich in years, but I've never successfully saved a clown loach. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've tried the elevate temp and salt thing with my womens Gourami tank with no success in fact we lost a lot of fish. I finally resulted in using ich clear, because it is harsh on smooth skins such as loaches botia's etc. thats why I was hesitant. So the Ich clear worked. Relativly quick results. Just my experience. Others may differ in exsperience. Plus you need to find out why this occured. Over crowding, under filtration a sick fish introduced, and possible some stress nitrites ammonia etc. :? GOODLUCK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have twice got rid of ich on loaches 86F heat and 1Tper 5g salt worked, but i took 10 days without a water change. I have also had success with Ich Attack (all natural remedy) it dyed the water brown but it did get worse before it got better, by day 4 it had started looking better. Good luck and good riddance

·
Registered
277 Posts
With clown loaches I have used both QuICK Cure and salt and heat together with a rapid recovery.

Med at half doses since the loaches are scaleless.

·
Registered
277 Posts
cano said:
Question, my cichlids have ick, can i treat the water with babies in it? :-?
Use salt and heat method and you shall be fine as long as you do not have any scaleless cats in the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts