Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 gallon with tiger oscar, jack dempsey, and green terror. I noticed yesterday that the oscar had a large number of white spots on it, he is still eating and begging for more. My jack also seems to have have a pretty swollen abadomen. I picked up APPro Quick Cure to treat the ich. I am hoping this will help with the ich. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do for the Jack? He and the oscar are our favorite fish so help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I added maracyn two today so I am hoping that would help the dempsey. I really want to save him and the oscar as they are the planned centerpieces for my 125.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Sorry you lost the fish. Fit in as many extra partial water changes, working around the med schedule and using a good quality dechlorinator, for the next couple of weeks.

Did the demsey's symptoms come on suddenly? Was he still eating up until a day or two before he died? It may just be that he had an intestinal blockage that came up suddenly but also want to make sure it wasn't bloat.

Again, sorry you lost him.

Robin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.