Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I spent my christmas in Austin TX and found some great pieces of holey rock. :D
I've bleached them overnight with the results in the pics below...I think I'm gonna bleach them one more time overnight to get them nice and white! So my question now is, how long and often do I need to rinse them after the bleach? I'm gonna leave them in reg tap water with daily water changes for at least 1 week. Of course I'll do the "smell test" to ensure they don't smell like bleach. Is this long enough? Any help is appreciated!

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IYeah, all of that in the picture is going in the 55 I have a couple of other peices that will be going in my 30gal saulosi tank. Its not as much as it looks like. Once I put it in the tank I will definetly post some pics....I just gotta make sure I get all the bleach outta them lol....I think I'm gonna do daily water changes for about a week then I'm gonna do a couple of days of daily water changes with treated (water conditioner) water. Then I will probably let it air dry for a couple of days.....I'm hoping all of these precautions will be enough. So hopefully in about 2 weeks ill have these in my tank. I can't wait to put these rocks in the tank :D :D but I figure better to be safe than sorry. I only wish santa brought me a new bigger tank, lol....until that happens I'm just gonna continue to try and make my current tanks better

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wel,l everything turned out great! No problems w/my readings and it looks good. Now I just gotta get some real plants to cover the ugly filters/heater!

Bolier Fan,
As for the question asked above, anywhere near waco/kileen should be a good area. The first place I would check is any local lakes in that area and see what you can find. If you get close to Austin the same thing can be said (Lake Travis/Lake Austin) that whole area has holey rock that is washed up on shore from the lake. Hopefully that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.