Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno, and I wish I could get some good pictures/video for y'all to help me confirm. I'm new to all this and my aquarium has only been up with fish in it for about a month. I got 7 socolofi along with other breeds, when I got them they were all around 2 inches... Their a little bigger now maybe 2.5 - 3 inches.

Anyway, I came home today and fed the little buggers and noticed on of the socolofi hiding in a cave at the bottom. I bent down to look and her mouth area is swollen and it looks like she keeps moving something around in her mouth, kinda like if you had a handfull of skittles in your mouth. She pretty much chases any of the other fish out of the cave or runs to an adjacent cave.

Am I describing a holding female or maybe something else is wrong with the fish? I wish I could get some pictures, but it's dark in her cave and they're not coming out too well.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Most of my first time moms haven't held to term, if she doesn't you're still doing something right!

Do you want the fry?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brinkles said:
Most of my first time moms haven't held to term, if she doesn't you're still doing something right!

Do you want the fry?
Well I wasn't expecting them to breed so soon, was hoping they would eventually. I really don't have the room in my aquarium for any more though, as I over crowded to help curb aggression. I'm still debating on whether or not to keep the fry. I might just let her spit in the main aquarium. Either that or if I can find another setup here soon, I'll move her into the hospital tank and let her spit in there or strip her if I have too. Guess I'll be redoing my rockscape sooner than I planned (I'll have to tear it down to get her out).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts