Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My convict Elijah, has a small white spot on his left side. Yesterday he was sluggish and swimming sideways; kinda more floating. To solvent this, I'm cranking up the heat in small increments to get the fish assimilated. I'm also adding a tablespoon of aquarium salt every hour until I reach 4 for 20 gallons. Is there anything else I should be doing, I really don't want to loose the little guy as he's by far my favorite fish as he has so much personality. He attacks the glass everytime he sees me walk towards it, and he eats cichlid sticks out of my hand!

Ohh, I also took out some water as then my hang on the back filter will create more water agitation.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you sure it's ich? How big is the spot? The spots I found on my guys were *tiny*, barely visible. I know what you mean about personality! Hope he pulls through.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I don't know what else it could be other then ich. I'll try the treatment and see where that takes me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a question, how long do I have to keep the temp up? I'm guessing until the white spot goes away and my con starts to behave normally?

·
Registered
554 Posts
add a few days after the spot is gone, as the ick lives free swimming for a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts